Incorporating a comprehensive farming ecosystem using both indoor and outdoor resources, as well as a variety of synergistic fish and plant components, the outputs become wide-ranging.
Build an indoor Controlled Environment Aquaponics sustainable agriculture model that:
- Preserves and re-uses elements to minimize waste
- Uses clean waste-to-energy for sustainable primary power/energy requirements
- Captures solar/wind/other sources as secondary power supply
- Implements semi-automation for repeatable and scalable for commercialization model
- Normalizes a tropical climate for successful indoor aquaponics using green materials
- Provides research to educate others through a physical and distance learning model
- Benefits the community it serves
- Create an effective online presence to invite participation in the project
- Collaborate with the University of Mayaguez, Department of Agriculture
- Work with the FSA Extension Agent to maximize visibility and opportunities
Obtain grants, donations, and funding to complete the system build and launch for successful and profitable harvest as a model for all.
BASIC SYSTEM COMPONENTS
Our initiative defines in detail the elements and specifications in a new Integrated Agro model gleaned from research and existing CEA facilities around the globe. FF will create detailed plans and specifications, including component details, definition and quantities of fish, plant and other species integral to the indoor model. In addition to creating a sustainable model for agriculture and attendant revenue streams derived from commercial farming of plants and animals, CEA models also have the potential for derivative herb and health supplements as well as medicinal products that are natural and non-toxic.
The FF model is intended to create an efficient design based on the current elements, adding advanced technology through engineering rigor that will enhance performance and scalability. Sensory and software components that automate the management and daily operation of the system will be included in this design. Data capture will play a vital role in the success of the model and FF will incorporate the most innovative technologies available within the budget allowed.
Based on the scale of our model and specs, the plan will include both indoor and outdoor facility use, including but not limited to:
- Water use and conservation: Irrigation, flow design, rainwater harvesting
- Vertical and horizontal grow designs
- Outdoor fish farming lane with an observation deck
- Testbeds for introducing new fruit and vegetable production.
- Renewable energy use: solar and wind (grid-tie and off-grid with battery storage)
- Technology and automation
- Community room with bio-secure viewing window: field trips, observation, research, events, tours, etc.
The system is being built onsite in Puerto Rico. These plans include creating a state of the art sustainable agriculture facility, which can be used to educate and instruct participants (onsite and virtual instruction) in the principles of sustainable agriculture as embodied in the model. This will assist in the propagation of the model and attract those interested in sustainable agriculture who may have new and additional thoughts and ideas that can be integrated into the model design, creating dynamic sustainable knowledge and IP. This creates an additional revenue model for subscribers to benefit from updates on innovations and improvements.
For more information, email your request to Info@FusionFarmsPR.com